Roulette is one of the most iconic table games around and like blackjack, poker, and slots is a gambling staple at casinos; and online roulette is a rage. One of the reasons roulette has stood the test of time is the lucrative payouts. With every spin of the roulette wheel, a player has the chance to win a 35 to 1 payout, there is real money to be made playing the Roulette table.
As with most casino games, there are slight variations of Roulette depending on which version you choose to play. Below we break down the differences between European, American, and French Roulette and give some tips to help you get the edge.
What Are The Best Online Casinos To Play Roulette
Best Real Money Casinos For India
How To Play Roulette For Real Money
At its core Roulette is an easy to understand game. Players place bets on the Roulette table numbered 1-36 and these numbers match up with numbers on the Roulette wheel. The croupier or dealer will call ‘no more bets’ and then spins the wheel in one direction and rolls a small ball in the opposite direction. As the ball slows down it settles into one of the numbered pockets on the wheel. And that subsequently determines the winning bet.
If you want to play roulette but don’t want to play for real money. Most online casino allow users to play roulette and other casino games for free. This allows users to play free roulette and get comfortable using their website. And once players become familiar players can start gambling and winning real money.
With the rise of online and mobile casinos, roulette has easily transitioned into the digital space. Now gamblers don’t need to travel to find a casino, they can in fact play from anywhere on their mobile device.
Different Versions of Online Roulette In India
There are three main types of online roulette offered by most online casinos in India. They each have the same framework but have small tweaks that provide more betting options for gamblers.
American Roulette is considered the standard and uses a 38-pocket wheel. In addition to 1-36, there is a 0 and 00. This boosts the house edge up to 5.26 percent, a considerable amount from 2.7 percent in European and French Roulette.
European Roulette offers the best odds for gamblers as there is no double 0. Players can find this version of Roulette at most online casinos. It is also played on a different wheel then American Roulette.
French Roulette is played on the same wheel as European Roulette. There are two famous specialty rules in French Roulette when the ball lands on zero. In “En Prison” you don’t lose your bet and it is applied to the next spin. In “La Partage” you get half of your bet back, which you normally bet on the next spin.
Can I Play Online Roulette In India
Yes, while there are differences from state to state gamblers can sign up and play online roulette for real money at online casinos in India. There are plenty of online casinos catering to players from India that offer huge welcome bonuses to new gamblers. Another option for new users is to try slots roulette, which is exactly what it sounds like. Roulette on a slot machine.
Most casino websites allow the user to play online Roulette for free, which is a great chance to play roulette and test out roulette strategies before playing for real money.
Can I Play Online Roulette in Indian Rupees
Yes, you can play at an online casino with rupees. Betway and 10Cric, in particular, are trusted and secured online casino sites that accept Indian Rupees. Furthermore, all online casinos will accept some combination of credit cards, Neteller, E-Wallets, and cryptocurrency.
Whenever you are signing up to an online casino, be sure to look for their welcome bonus and promotions page. Most online casinos will offer generous bonuses for new players to use their website. Take advantage of this free money. One of the main benefits of playing online roulette is the free money online casinos reward to users.
Are My Winnings Taxed
Yes, the government presently taxes 30 percent of any real money winnings you get from playing online roulette from an online casino.
What Do I Need To Know About Roulette Betting Before I Get Started
Roulette is all about the odds and the best thing a new player can do is become familiar with these odds before they start wagering real money. The best odds you can find playing Roulette are outside bets. The odds of winning are higher but that also means the payout is smaller compared to other betting options.
Roulette Outside Bets
As shown above, one of the popular bets is the outside bets. The outside bet offers a low payout when winning because your chances of winning are better. If you are playing a conservative strategy you will normally have a longer gaming session. This is a great strategy while playing French Roulette as you can take advantage of ‘en prison’ and ‘la partage’ rules mentioned above.
- Bet on Color includes all of the red numbers or all of the black numbers, and the bet is made on all the red or all of the black ones. A winning payout is 1 to 1.
- Column Bet uses 12 numbers in a column. A winning payout is 2 to 1 and the table coverage for European roulette is 32.4 percent and 31.6 percent for American roulette.
- Dozen Bet allows you to bet 12 numbers for each spin. The “1st 12” box, the “2nd 12 boxes” or the 3rd 12” box. A winning payout is 2 to 1 and the table coverage for European roulette is 32.4% and 31.6% for American roulette.
- Bet on Odd/Even contains either all of the even or odd numbers on the table. A winning payout is 1 to 1 and the table coverage 48.6% for European roulette and 47.4% for American roulette. The 0 and 00 slots are not part of this bet.
- Bet on Low/High is where you select either all the low or high numbers and place your chips on 1 – 18 or on 19 – 36, which is close to half of the numbers on the wheel. A winning payout is 1 to 1.
Roulette Inside Bets
Inside bets are located on the inside section of the Roulette table and offer huge payouts but the odds have a lower chance of winning. These are better suited for players not afraid of risk and generally have a bigger bankroll.
- Straight Up Bet is when you put a chip on top of a single number. A winning payout is 35 to 1. It’s a simple bet, yet the chances of winning are a lot more difficult, but the potential rewards can be huge.
- Split Bet is a double straight-up bet when placing your wager on two adjacent numbers, which is between the numbers. A winning payout is 17:1.
- Street Bet is where three numbers are appearing in a row; the wager is then placed at the end of the row. A winning payout is 11:1.
- Corner Bet is similar to the street bet except you’re betting on four numbers at a time instead of three. Therefore, this bet contains a group of four numbers where the wager is placed on the corner to where the four numbers touch each other. A winning payout is 8:1.
- Five Bet or Basket bet involves the numbers 0, 00, 1, 2 and 3, and the wager is placed just at the corner next to 0 and 1. Since it involves wagering on 00, this bet can only be used on American roulette tables. The winning payout is 6:1.
- Line Bet involves two rows containing 3 numbers each, where the wager is placed right at the end of the two rows, between each other. The winning payout is also 6:1.